Calling ALL 2021 TITANS & TITAN FAMILY!
Join SFA for a Virtual Workshop to FILE YOUR FAFSA!
CLICK TO REGISTER: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLScbkjhM7Gn8iO…/viewform
CLICK for a list of DOCUMENTS you’ll need: https://fafsa.ed.gov/help/before003.htm
Students MUST set up their FSA I.D. prior to the workshop, CLICK to access a power point with instrutions for obtaining FSA I.D. http://bit.ly/SFA-ID
CLASS OF 2021 We Are Here For You! Questions? Contact Alyssa Samuel our Director of College Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every Class of 2021 student who is eligible should complete the 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is an application that determines your eligibility for financial aid for college. Even if you are unsure about your plans after high school, completing the FAFSA now will help keep your options open.
Here is some important information regarding the FAFSA.
• Completing the FAFSA is FREE.
• Completing the FAFSA does not require essays or look at your grades.
• The FAFSA determines eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid.
• If you qualify for free-or-reduced priced lunch, there is a very good chance that you will qualify for the Pell Grant, up to $6,345 per year. Grants are free money!
• The FAFSA does NOT obligate you to take out loans to pay for college.
• Some state and institutional financial aid is first-come, first-served, so it is important to complete the FAFSA as early as possible.
• Even if you think your family will only qualify for loans, fill out the FAFSA, as many colleges require the FAFSA for merit scholarships and many private scholarships require the FAFSA as part of their application process.
• The FAFSA is also required to be considered for a need-based scholarship from the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria (SFA).
Part 1: Creating the FSA ID
If you missed the Creating the FSA ID Webinars, you can create your FSA ID by accessing the PowerPoint presentation at http://bit.ly/SFA-ID
or the recorded webinar on the Scholarship Fund’s YouTube Channel at https://youtu.be/vZyym3m81WE.
Part 2: Complete the FAFSA Application
Registration is required – links are below. Interpretation will be available in Spanish, Arabic and Amharic. Please click here for a list of documents you should have available for the workshop.
• Wednesday, October 14, 3:30pm – FAFSA Step 2 Workshop-Complete the Application. Register here
• Monday, October 19, 11:00am – FAFSA Step 2 Workshop-Complete the Application. Register here
For questions or one-on-one help, please contact Alyssa Samuel, Director of College Advising, at email@example.com.