Please Submit Your 2016-2017 FAFSA As Soon As Possible After January 1, 2016.
Who May Apply For A Renewal?
- Any student who received any scholarship from the Scholarship Fund may apply for a renewal award. There is a limited budget approved by the Board of Trustees each year for General Fund Renewals. Please be sure to submit your completed application no later than July 15th each year in order to receive early consideration.
What Types of Renewal Awards Are Available?
- There are two types of renewal awards: General Fund Awards and Donor-Named Scholarship Awards.
- The dollar amount of General Fund Awards is determined each year by the Fund's Board of Trustees. Donor-Named Scholarships can be financial-need or merit based scholarships. The dollar value of Donor-Named Scholarships is determined by each scholarship donor.
For which Renewal Award Am I Eligible?
- If you initially received a General Fund Award (e.g., Scholarship Fund of Alexandria Award), you are eligible to apply for a General Fund Renewal.
- If you initially received one of the 140+ Donor-Named or merit-based scholarships, you *may* be eligible to apply for a renewal of that scholarship if you still meet the specific criteria *and* your scholarship was awarded for more than one year. If your scholarship was only awarded for a single year, you are eligible to apply instead to the General Fund for a renewal on the basis of financial need.
What Are the Criteria for Obtaining a General Fund Renewal?
- These awards require a demonstration of financial need. You must complete the online application (available on May 1 each year) and upload the following:
- Complete the FAFSA and upload your 2016-17 Student Aid Report (SAR)
- 2016-17 Cost of Attendance estimate (can be obtained through your online university web portal or sometimes is sent to you in a form of a letter)
- A transcript that shows cumulative GPA and credit hours earned and all completed classes
- 2016-17 Financial Aid Award letter (this document states what loans, grants, etc. you are receiving). Can be obtained through your online university web portal.
What Are the Criteria for Obtaining a Named Scholarship Renewal?
Each award has different criteria. Please call (703-824-6730) or e-mail (
) for your particular situation. At a minimum, the online application and a transcript are required.