Please submit your 2013-14 FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1, 2013.
Who May Apply for a Renewal?
- Any student who received any scholarship from the Scholarship Fund may apply for a renewal award.
What Types of Renewal Awards Are Available?
- There are two types of renewal awards: General Fund Awards and Named Scholarship Awards.
- The dollar amount of General Fund Awards is determined each year by the Fund's Board of Trustees. The dollar value of Named Scholarships is determined by each scholarship donor.
For which Renewal Award Am I Eligible?
- If you initially received a General Fund Award (e.g., Scholarship Fund of Alexandria Award), you are eligible to apply for a General Fund Renewal.
- If you initially received one of the 140+ Named Scholarships, you *may* be eligible to apply for a renewal of that scholarship if you still meet the specific criteria *and* your scholarship was awarded for more than one year. If your scholarship was only awarded for a single year, you *may* be eligible to apply instead to the General Fund for a renewal.
What Are the Criteria for Obtaining a General Fund Renewal?
- These awards require a demonstration of financial need. You must complete the online application (available after June 1); complete the FAFSA (and SAR); and send us a transcript that shows you are a full-time student; and send us a copy of your college's Financial Aid Award letter. There is a limited budget approved by the Board of Trustees each year for General Fund Renewals. Please be sure to submit your completed application no later than the Priority Deadline date in order to receive early consideration.
What Are the Criteria for Obtaining a Named Scholarship Renewal?
Each award has different criteria. Please call (703-824-6730) or e-mail (
) for your particular situation. At a minimum, the online application and a transcript are required.